Sunday, May 26, 2013

Why is long distance so hard?!

To all you people out there in a long distance relationship, kudos! You are the few and the brave to do such a thing, and all I know is that the person better mean a whole hell of a lot to you, cause otherwise it's probably not worth it. I have been doing this for a little while now, and let's just say for my relationship it's been bumpy, it's been a lot of breaks and then finally figuring it out or so I think. Distance is an evil thing, it brings out all the little flaws in each person that you didn't realize to light, it brings out all the little relationship issues out, it brings out the insecurity, it brings out the nutty, it brings out the emotional, the angry, and the lonely, but most of all in the midst of the evil it brings out how much 'Love" you can have for one single person. In a cliche way "absence makes the heart grow fonder" holds true. For me it's made me realize a lot of bad, but as well A LOT of good BUT regardless of that and the fact that I do love the boy, it's rough. It's hard for me to not be insecure about stupid petty things especially other new girls that encounter my boys life because I don't know them, and well i'm a girl I get a little nuts on who they are and the fact they get to see him more than I do kills me.  The thing is, I was never that girl who has such issues, I always was so okay with everything, and this one boy has my entire heart, i'm so scared of losing him that I get insecure about other girl, NOT OKAY but I guess it's a girl thing? Or so i'm told. SO I guess it comes down to truly trusting the other person to be honest with you, to keep your trust, to stay faithful, to hope the person they were before you were apart is still there, and most of all stay strong. Strong enough to wait patiently until you see your significant other again, strong enough to hold true to yourself and your relationship. I think it takes a strong and brave person to whole heartedly dedicate yourself to someone who you only see every so often and to trust them with all that entails in a relationship. For me it's hard, but i'm working on it. So my questions to those of you who do the distance, advice, tips, what do you think?! Most of all though, I give you all a high five, I feel your sympathy and I bless you for doing it and wish the best for you all!

-S.

No comments:

Post a Comment